News Comment 2
Thursday September 06th 2012, 5:15 am
Filed under: Uncategorized

I was browsing NPR’s website when I saw an article that caught my eye. Mc Donald’s in India has gone vegetarian.  The country of India has many vegetarians, just about 20 to 40 percent of the population doesn’t consume meat. Two of India’s major religions are Muslim and Hindu. Muslims don’t eat pork and Hindus don’t eat meat. So the fact that a Mc Donald’s went vegetarian to gain more customers by catering to their needs.There is only one all vegetarian restaurant so far. But if the all vegetarian goes well we could see more “animal friendly” Mc Donald’s popping up in more areas.

I think that this idea Mc Donald’s has is a great idea. More healthier options for people could help the struggle on obesity in the United States. Not only is it a good idea for getting more healthy, but it is a great move in a marketing. More people would go an eat at Mc Donald’s making more money for the company. Only time will tell, if this specific restaurant in India takes off then, hopefully more of them can open up for other vegetarians and vegans can enjoy as well.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2012/09/04/160543754/mcdonalds-goes-vegetarian-in-india

Erin: You don’t have to include the whole URL as a link. You can just type, “Read the story here” and then make that the link.

I would call this a trend story; vegetarianism is becoming more common. So why is this news in the US? Obesity is a possible connection, and it’s possible that in the future a veggy McDonald’s might open in California. In addition to summarizing the content, discuss the relevance of the story to readers, Erin, and its newsworthiness.

Comment by    fuglsang 09.06.12 @ 7:16 pm

You can delete the “sample page” that came with the theme.