The Blog of Derrick James Freese

WoW
November 30, 2010, 11:26 pm
Filed under: Web Design

For those of you who do not know, WoW stands for the World of Warcraft. Many people that know of WoW and think only nerds or geeks play don’t really understand the game.  WoW is much more than people fantasising and playing a fantasy game. If it isn’t your kind of game, then you don’t have to play it. And you don’t need to bully people who do.

Honestly, the WoW community is not much different from the Call of Duty community. Both enjoy playing the game and both have the people who seem to play the game too much and are too good at the game. Both have online multiplayer gameplay where you interact with people from all over the world. But there aren’t people who are bullied for playing Call of Duty. Maybe if those people actually played WoW and knew the lore behind the game, they would like it.

People who make fun of people who play what they like are stupid. Though there are a few cases in both games where sometimes it might be necessary. Such as in CoD, the little kids who think they’re all that and on WoW it’s the people who never stop playing…

Michael 12.01.10 @ 3:30 am

First of all I am not much of a gamer of any type. It’s not that I don’t like it, it’s just that I don’t get into it that much and am not very good at all. But, if you think about it when people get engulfed in games such as WoW and CoD they do it because they enjoy it and it is fun for them, and this is no different then the person who’s life revolves around some sport. They do the sport because they enjoy it and its fun. I say people should do whatever floats their boat, and other people shouldn’t make fun of someone for what they enjoy doing.

Justin Truckenmiller 12.01.10 @ 4:35 am

Never done WoW, but I do collect Heroclix figures.

As I said in class, I’m pretty much a geek.

ross fuglsang 08.28.11 @ 6:51 pm