The Blog of Courtney Klocke

Leonardo DiCaprio: UN Messenger of Peace

Leonardo DiCaprio, a United Nations Messenger of Peace, spoke in front of the United Nations to encourage the Paris Agreement on climate change.

DiCaprio claimed to have seen many parts of the world in disarray in his life; Beijing coping with pollution and forests in Canada being cleared. He said, “All that I have seen and learned on this journey has absolutely terrified me.”

His speech called for action on climate change rather than the unending testing and research that has happened in the past. Climate change is happening more rapidly than expected and it is time to take for change. He wanted the leaders of the nations to do what great leaders do: to lead, inspire, and empower.  “The world is now watching. You will either be lauded by future generations, or vilified by them,” claimed DiCaprio.

Broadcast: Leonardo Dicaprio, Oscar winning actor and UN messenger of peace, calls for change.

Good on organization, Courtney. You could get a more active verb into the lead. How about beseech? Leo beseeched the UN delegates to step up and save the planet.

In the BC lead, maybe a bit more info: … calls for more action on climate change.