Religion Blog Post

This week we went over Hinduism and how it’s not like Western religion. Hinduism isn’t like Western Religions because it is non-linear, once a person dies they get reincarnated and life continues. They continue on because of karma or the deeds you do while alive, but once a person lives their life and done good they could reach a state called Nirvana which is the state of nothingness. That’s what most Hindus and Buddhists want after death, because once you keep being reborn as another person you get tired of it and you just want it all to stop or maybe you just want your existence to end. Anyways, today we talked about GODDESS RELIGIONS! It is so nature-based, and most of the community is made up of feminists (as is said in the article we read the community was mostly made up of lesbian feminists). Before I forget, in Hinduism the Ganges River is very important because it is one HOLY river. It is said that before it hit Earth, the river touched Vishnu’s (the Preserver) awesome feet which made it HOLY and pure because of the female goddess. The river serves not only to dump waste and to drink out of but to also purify one’s body and soul.

Reflection:

I thought this week was interesting, because I actually knew all three main gods in Hinduism. But as for the goddess religion, that was just a little weird because it was believed that this female goddess gave birth to her son in the winter season then married him in spring/summer, finally killing him in fall. It sounded so twisted but I shouldn’t be judging someone’s beliefs, even though to me it sounds very strange.

1 comment

1. Xmas Canon Camera Deals’s avatar

Exactly how is actually Google Adsense More advanced than Alternative Listing Cpa affiliate networks

Comments are now closed.