Pile I Picked Up- Scavenger Hunt

This was a hard scavenger hunt for me, as easy as it sounds to just pick up and find out what’s underneath it is actually really hard for someone like me. I’m a clean-cut person. I don’t like getting dirty; I hate spiders and even spider webs. This whole area just screams spiders and I could just see it was caked in spider webs. I had to build up so much will power to do this assignment that it came out to being impossible for me. So, I came up with a better idea. I went into my garage and was planning on grabbing a shovel and was going to try and lift it up and just quickly peek under this pile of doom, but as usual a college student living in a house full of other college students we don’t have a shovel. So I went with a rake!

I marched right up to that pile with that big red handles with black teeth rake in hand and lifted all those fallen branches up (keeping my distance as far away as possible of course). Trying to keep all the branches up and squatting down to see what was underneath was no easy task, I tried taking a picture but I just couldn’t balance and honestly didn’t want to hold it up too long, giving whatever underneath time to scurry out and run off.

Under all that tree ruble was more leaves, wet spots, more spider webs, and all different kinds of insects that I don’t even know the name of all of them! Some bugs I saw were rolly pollies, daddy long legs, some form of worm, and of course spiders. The second I saw a spider I threw that rake down and was down with that entire area. Also I found more bricks. It also seemed pretty moist under there, that kind of confused me because I don’t remember the last time it rained, but also because that area is somewhat covered.

Yes, I do realize that area needs to be cleaned up. I mean our house grill sits about 5 feet from that pile of terror. But I’m not about to be the one to clean that mess up. No way and I letting spiders get near me I will run off shaking like a baby with no shame if I feel a spider crawling on me or even a spider web on me. I just can’t stand that feeling of a spider web on me! Basically what I learned from this scavenger hunt is I’m most definitely a clean city girl.

No Comment