Escaping…Two extremes

When I first started thinking about all the different meaning that the work escape could have, I got very overwhelmed. Although there is no right or wrong way of how I could go about describing “escape”, it left me wanting to escape this assignment because I don’t like feeling overwhelmed…like what I did there?! Anyways, escaping something or even someone can have a very deep meaning or a not so deep meaning. The bottom line of escaping is getting away from something.

A wrongful form of escape would be escaping prison or jail. A good form of escape could be escaping a hostage situation. Those are two very extreme examples, but I can also go to the other side of the extreme and say escape could simple be, I’m talking about my car. My 2010 ford escape.

Or the deeper side on the intellectual side could be, people can get lose or stuck in their heads. They become depressed, overwhelmed, mentally unstable, and just need to relax and escape from their own heads. They need to escape the darkness in their heads to get back to a healthy mindset and life. Just backing up, taking a break and relaxing, long term or short term. Getting away from life, people, class, sports, anything and everything. But what it comes down to is getting away permanently or temperately from something.

1 Comment so far

1.   fuglsang on August 25th, 2014

How people “escape the darkness” has a ton of potential, but difficult to get people to talk openly.