HuffPo on Journalism

Is Jeff Benzos new ideas gonna save the Washington Post? Will all the money he is putting into it going to save it? In my opinion probably not. Why? Because the newspaper in general is just dying and being read less and less. People have an easier access to the web and T.V that they aren’t buying the newspaper. They also don’t have the time to read the paper. Now a days everyone is always on the go, so there’s just no time for the newspaper. Instead they can just go surf the web and find and read what they want, which is faster then sifting through the paper page by page looking for something that may or may not spark an interest from them. And if they don’t find anything then they just wasted however much time looking for nothing!

1 Comment so far

1.   fuglsang on September 3rd, 2013

Another distinction might be in order here. One between newspapers and the news in them. I would like to believe that information will always be relevant, no matter how it is delivered. Maybe the actual print edition will go away, but reporters who can collect and organize information will, I hope, always be available.