What Are Stories? Why Do We Need Them?
Tuesday September 06th 2022, 11:47 am
Filed under: Uncategorized

Feature Story: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2021-01-27/death-with-dignity-how-i-helped-my-dad-die

Looking at different feature stories has made me realize that not everyone is interested in the same topics. There were many feature stories that I found interesting, and many that I thought: “This is so boring, why would anyone care about this.” This is evident in all stories and writings. Everyone has different interests. Different people like to read and write about different things and feature stories single out one topic. The feature story that I have linked is a story about a daughter who helped her father die. He had ALS and could no longer handle his life on earth. I found this story interesting because it was a personal situation, that can be related to.

I even struggled to pick out a story to write about here because I have struggled to find certain topics I really enjoy, and want to read a lot of. But I think we need stories because it helps us gain knowledge on certain topics. Though I didn’t exactly want to read this story I’m glad I did because now I know more about the topic than I did before. Stories are essential because they help us gain knowledge on certain topics, and by writing stories that other people read I am able to increase their knowledge as well. I also think people enjoy reading topics that have something to do with their lives, and something that they can benefit from.