News Comment #5

September 21, 2020

https://www.today.com/news/trump-questions-ruth-bader-ginsburg-s-wish-not-be-replaced-t192096

The article I chose for this week is “Trump questions Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s wish not to be replaced” written by Maura Hohman. In the article, Trump states that he believes the quote that Ginsberg said before dying, “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed,” was not actually said by her. Trump believes it was written by one of his three democrat opposers. Since he doesn’t believe it actually came from Ginsburg, Trump says he already won the election, therefore he is going to appoint a new justice before the election.

This article relates to our class readings this week because it is about our president saying a quote is a lie and also giving out false information. The quote Ginsburg stated was actually only heard by her niece. Her niece then made sure it was known, but Trump believes it is false. It is only word of mouth, so it could or couldn’t be false. Good chance it is a true statement, but we don’t have physical proof. Trump is also giving out false information to the public, stating he has already won the election, when the election hasn’t happened. He can’t be spreading that information because the public will believe him.

One Response to “News Comment #5”

1.   fuglsang said:

Our president spreading conspiracy theories. Not a surprise. I can’t get to the story without disabling my ad-blocker, though I am curious abut the statement that he haas already one. I’m sure there are people who believe him, so maybe they won’t vote.

Do you have Trump fatigue yet?