A Look Inside Morningside College: Student Spotlight

It is hard to imagine being a senior in college when it seems like yesterday you were making the journey to Morningside college to start a new chapter in life. Years fly by fast, but the memories made will be cherished. Anna Ryan, a senior psychology major from Omaha, Neb., started her college journey in 2012.

“They (Morningside College) were interested in my well-being, not only just picking a college, but picking the right college for me,” said Ryan. “They treated me as a person rather than a number they could get.”

She became more involved on campus each year. She started off with AOPi, a girl’s sorority, her freshman year. The next year it grew and by her senior year she was involved in ODK, an upper-class honor society, marching band, and TAK, a religious studies group. She said that AOPi is very small on our campus.

“Because it is small, you really get to know everyone in it very well compared to other chapters on different campuses,” said Ryan. “It has given me a lot of leadership opportunities – a lot that I wouldn’t have had otherwise – because since it’s so small they needed leaders, so I just kind of had to step up. Now I’ve become a much different person than I was as a freshman.”

As president of AOPi this year, Ryan got to travel to Los Angeles for a convention. There she got to spend time with other chapters from around the country, network, and attend to National AOPi business.

Throughout her four years here at Morningside College, Ryan has had the opportunity to attend MAC events and other Morningside events on campus. Her favorite MAC event was the Paradise Fears concert that MAC held early this school year.

“I like Christmas at Morningside,” said Ryan. I have gone every year and I think it really helps putting everyone into the spirit. It just makes me really happy and it is always very well done.”

In her college years, Ryan has been challenged, experienced the joys of events, and sorrows of older friends graduating and starting their own new chapters in different areas. This spring she will be starting a new chapter in her life by continuing her education in graduate school.

Published in: on October 19, 2015 at 7:25 PM Comments (0)

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: https://wordpress.morningside.edu/alumninewsletter/2015/10/19/a-look-inside-morningside-college-student-spotlight-5/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.