Spend Money Like It Matters

My opinion of merit-pay is that it is a good system. This system does have its negatives and positives, but the positives outweigh the negatives to me. This system, if used correctly, will help schools excel. Not only would schools excel, but they would excel during times where other systems are on a decline. Other things mentioned were the equality of pay compared to employee’s productivity. I believe that people should get paid on their productivity; however, it is hard to determine employee’s productivity. Tests seem like the answer to this, but that is not always the case. Just like people learn differently, they would obviously test differently. Therefore, this would not work to determine productivity. This is only my opinion on this weeks topic though.

2 thoughts on “Spend Money Like It Matters

1. It is interesting to see your point of view. You seem almost in the middle but more on the side of it being good. I can see the point you are making. I agree with the point you made how everyone test differently. That is very true!

2. I agree with you on the point that people should be paid by how productive they are. Do you think there is any possible way to determine how productive a person is at work?