Trump Praised by Foreign Leaders

Donald Trump met with the leader of Japan, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, on Thursday. The Prime Minister met with President-elect Trump after Trump received a barrage congratulations from foreign leaders around the globe. Prime Minister Abe said Trump was “a leader in whom I have great confidence.”

Trump also met with former foreign advisors to discuss foreign affairs. Trump has reportedly been very personable and intellectually curious during all his meetings. This is much different from the Trump that we saw during the campaign, who built his reputation on insults. Hopefully this shows that Trump will hold to his campaign promise of being “very different as President.”

This information can be found in the New York Times article Donald Trump, After Fits and Starts, Focuses on Foreign Policy. This is an enjoyable article. It is mostly enjoyable because there is no longer a candidate to be attacking or reports of the candidates’ attacks. This is informative and should be read because it represents a different Donald Trump than what we saw during the campaign, which makes me optimistic.

I did find that there are elements in this article that I could use in a feature story. I like that we are given information about Donald Trump that is common knowledge, so it needs no attribution. But the main point of the article is, arguably, found in the interviews with those surround the President-elect. This gives a nice balance of what we’ve know compared to what may be coming.

One Response to “Trump Praised by Foreign Leaders”

1. fuglsang Says:

Part of being a successful politician is saying something while also saying nothing. The fact Abe has “confidence” in Trump doesn’t mean much without detail. What is he cofident of? That Trump will fall on his face? That Trump will start WW III? That Trump will destroy the world’s economy? All three?

I think I may have a different threshhold for “enjoyable.”