Michelle's Blog My life is almost as interesting as this theme.

October 31, 2012

Scary Story

Filed under: Uncategorized — Michelle @ 5:51 am

Twas’ the night before, wait Christmas?  It’s not Christmas yet, however the department stores seem to think it is.  That’s almost a nightmare in itself.  Anyways, it was Halloween night awhile ago when my peers and I would don our costumes and go around the neighborhood knocking on doors greeting people with the phrase trick-or-treat.  We never got a trick usually just a treat.

The people always seemed friendly and were glad to give us the candy our hearts desired.  We never skipped a house as we tried to get as much candy as we could.  One year we came to a white house with several red vehicles in the driveway.  There was no jack-o-lanterns on the front step and the whole house was dark.  My friends and I didn’t think anything of it.

The instant I rang the doorbell and prepared myself to yell trick-or-treat a monster came crashing into the front window of the house with a force that it sounded like the window would break that very second, unleashing the beast it contained.  My friends and I scattered across the front lawn like when a bag of candy is opened and explodes its contents across the floor.  The house owner opened the door as we ran, and the beast escaped chasing us down the street.

We narrowly escaped the white and brown monster that year; it is a vision that pains me to see even to this day.  Our greedy candy addiction got the best of us that year.  My friends and I now know why that house had no jack-o-lanterns out front, and we skipped that house on the Halloweens that followed as not to disturb the monster that lurked within.

No Comments

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Powered by WordPress