Michelle's Blog My life is almost as interesting as this theme.

September 20, 2012

Scavenger Hunt 9/21

Filed under: Uncategorized — Michelle @ 1:45 am

For my personal scavenger hunt, I had to creep on people and find someone who had physical quirks and movements that struck my interests. For the sake of anonymity, I am not going to disclose a name or the exact place where I witnessed this person.

I was sitting in an English class the day I was presented with the assignment, and I noticed that the male student seated next to me was fidgeting. I started to pay attention to his spastic movements throughout the class.

He sat in his chair slightly hunched over. While he was twirling his pen between his finger, I noticed that his fingers shook a little. It made me wonder if he had some kind of disorder or something that makes his hands shake.

His legs jutted out awkwardly from under his desk, and his knees were sharply bent so that his feet were propped up against the chair legs. He bounced his right leg up and down rhythmically. Every once in awhile, he would place his hands flat on his desk and push himself backward. Overall, his position seemed very fidgety and nervous.

He almost reminded me of a stationary squirrel, if that is possible to imagine. Squirrels have sudden and speedy movements, much like the subject of my creeping. His shifting in his seat was completely out of the blue and quick. It was kind of fun to pay attention to how weird and quirkely (?) people move to make me feel better about my awkward self.

1. And that’s at least part of my objective for the assignment, Michelle. My kids tell me I’m clueless, and they’re probably right, because I don’t pay that close attention to what they do. But when we do pay attention — especially to those mundane things that go under the radar — our eyes are literally and figuratively opened to something new. Gee!

Comment by fuglsang — September 25, 2012 @ 7:34 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Powered by WordPress