A page to be creative

Reverse Scavenger Hunt

The task of getting rid of my fruit snacks proved harder than anticipated. While I went into this project with light eyes and good intentions, I did not finish this project as hopeful as I was in the beginning.

It was a clear and sunny day at about 2:45 pm on Friday September sixth.The wind blew slightly which kept me cool while I sat on a bench outside of Lewis Hall. I chose a high traffic area in hopes that more people would see me thus resulting in me quickly getting rid of my pixar fruit snacks. I looked at the box while I opened it before I set it back inside my backpack, the outside advertised ten fruit snacks occupied the inside space but my math told me there were eleven in total. What a strange start to this experiment.

Soon enough classes started to end and I began to see people fill the sidewalk. Groups of friends walked beside each other and laughed about the funny thing their professor said. One girl walked past me with her friend crying loudly about some girl in her class that she didn’t like. I didn’t ask her if she wanted a fruit snack. In total I got seven people to take a fruit snack (four of which were my friends) and five people rejected the treat. Many of the people that took fruit snacks were excited to receive a gift and some were even excited about the pixar theme. One foreign girl was confused and asked me if it was free. When I told her it was she hesitantly took it and thanked me before walking off.

Soon the sidewalk cleared and I had nobody else to take my fruit snack offering. Disappointing. At 3:15 pm I got up and walked away.

The next day at 8:20 am I tried again to get rid of my fruit snacks. This time I was being trained for my work study with some other students and faculty. I asked six people in total this time and got rejected three times. One person who initially rejected said “Do I have to eat it right now?” I replied no and he took it. I did catch him eating it later in the day. I guess it was too early for fruit snacks. Another person I asked; Mark O’Connell said “Wow! Should I do a Cartwheel?” He did not successfully perform a cartwheel.

Vada!

“It was a clear and sunny day at about 2:45 pm on Friday September sixth.The wind blew slightly which kept me cool while I sat on a bench outside of Lewis Hall.” Good objective detail.

“One girl walked past me with her friend crying loudly about some girl in her class that she didn’t like. I didn’t ask her if she wanted a fruit snack.” Nice! Understated.

Nicely done, Vada. Keep being observant and listening for good quotes.