Where’s Jemar?

Suppose you were tasked to find a friend in a nationwide game of hide and seek. The boundaries are endless. The person could be sitting in their dorm watching countless episodes on Netflix or they could be in Alabama giving a speech on behalf of Morningside College. You are able to contact them over phone, but they are constantly on the move. 

This may seem like a wild goose chase. However, this is no fairytale, this is what the friends of Jemar Lee go through everyday. 

Jemar Lee is a college sophomore at Morningside College. A proper one at that. Lee is apart of countless student led organizations. Currently, he is enrolled in over 4 college courses. He works for and with his college, and he travels every 3 weeks to speak on behalf of Morningside. The list goes on and on. However, that is the name of the game. His day to day schedule is precisely what makes him impossible to find. 

Tyler Wright, a friend of Lee mentioned “one day you will see him in the cafeteria, but then the next day you’ll ask to hang out and he will be in another state.” Last month, Lee travelled to Alabama as an ambassador for Morningside College. His task was to create and present a slideshow to other colleges across the United States and show them what methods and practices Morningside College takes part in. It is an important job for a young man, however his monthly trips to Alabama, Texas, and others only prove that his whereabouts are always changing.

If you are lucky, you may find him walking down Morningside Avenue. Yes, you found him, however, be careful, because depending on who trails behind him decides whether he will talk to you. This is because, on top of working as an ambassador, Lee also works in the admissions department at Morningside. This means, he might be on the job when you see him. Commonly, he is tasked to give an incoming freshman and his/her family a tour. Hannah Bals once was one of these freshman. She mentioned “Jemar was my tour guide. He knew a lot about the college, and honestly made it seem perfect. Little did I know that him and I would be close friends, now.”

You saw him earlier, he could not talk, now where is he? 

He will never skip a class, unless he happens to be in another state. He will never miss a workout either. So check his class, or maybe even the gym. However, if you still have not found him you must ask him yourself. He noted that “I am very busy, all the time. However, I am only paving the way for my future, so I can not help if my friends can’t find me. I will eventually turn up.” 

It may sound insensitive, but it is true. Jemar Lee is constantly on the move. He is working for his future so he can become successful. For his friends, they respect that because that is the job of every college student, to work for your future. So, if you’ve caught yourself twisted in the endless game of Jemar Lee, just know where ever he is, he is bettering himself. 

1. Tatum

I loved the idea of the “Where’s Waldo” type of story that you suggested. I hope I did it justice because I had a lot of fun with this article.