Sheikh Set Israeli Spyware on Ex-Wife in Custody Battle, Court Says

This article from the N.Y. Times talks about the ruler of Dubai and his unsuccessful attempt to spy on his former wife, a Jordanian princess, as well as her attorneys.

The article mentions how the ruler of Dubai used Israeli spy software to hack his ex-wife’s phone while being in a custody battle in a British court. It further talks about the organization that sold the hacking software and the fact that the organization had to deal with a lot of backlash recently after reports have surfaced that showed the use of the hacking software for spying on government opponents. In addition to that, the article mentions another accusation that is being made against the Dubai Sheikh. He is allegedly holding two of his daughters in captivity after they tried to flee from Dubai.

In my opinion, the topic is pretty newsworthy as it talks about the ruler of Dubai and the involvement of an Israel company in an already complicated court case. I like that the article explains the background of the story and that it gives an overview on everything connected to this story. In general, the article makes people think about the circumstances for women in certain Arabic countries. It is sad to see that those things can still happen in these days.

Source:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/06/world/europe/dubai-sheik-hacked-phones-ex-wife-uk.html

One thought on “News Comment #6

1. I only read a bit, but I got a strong anti-rich people vibe. Just getting a
    look into how these people live is interesting.