Starry Eyed Surprise

“We’re all damaged in our own way. Nobody’s perfect. I think we are all somewhat screwy, every single one of us.” -Johnny Depp

The Power of Parents

Filed under: Uncategorized — Taylor at 6:15 pm on Thursday, October 4, 2012

This week I read an article about parents helping a school go above and beyond. When I first saw the title of the article I assumed I was going to read about parents making it hard for teachers to do their jobs by getting in the way and only thinking about THEIR kid. Obviously you should try and help your child get ahead, but at the cost of other children’s school experience, not so much. This article was about parents chipping in to help all of the children at the school, which was a wonderful thing for me to read because at my own school we have trouble with parents sticking their fingers into everything their child does and getting in the way. It was nice to read about the opposite for once.

I think this is a very important article because parents need to know how to help their child and their child’s school the right way instead of getting in teachers ways. If you are a parent and making it hard for a teacher to do their job you are doing it wrong. I have seen so many kids get away with things because teachers are scared of the parents and that should never happen.

http://schoolsofthought.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/04/the-power-of-parents-in-a-public-school/?hpt=us_c2

559

fuglsang

October 9, 2012 @ 3:25 am

This looks like an ongoing feature that looks for positive education stories. It’s good to see positive stories getting attention.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.