Starry Eyed Surprise

“We’re all damaged in our own way. Nobody’s perfect. I think we are all somewhat screwy, every single one of us.” -Johnny Depp

New York votes on ban on large sodas

Filed under: Uncategorized — Taylor at 7:40 pm on Thursday, September 13, 2012

This article is about a vote that the New York City Board of Health did to ban the sale of sugary drinks in containers larger than 16 ounces in restaurants and other venues. The decision is expected to take effect in six months, it gives restaurant owners nine months to adapt to the ban before they will get fined. The reason for the ban is obesity, which is a problem all of the country. Of course soda companies and places like McDonald’s are upset, saying that the ban is “misguided.”

I think that this article is completely relevant even if it may seem that sugary drinks are a small thing, they make a huge difference in weight and health. Obesity is a really big problem and is an unnecessary risk. I think that the ban is a really good idea, even if the soda industry will suffer. A lot of people drink soda and other sugary drinks and a lot of people “supersize” their drinks because “it’s only 45 cents more!” If you drink a large soda regularly it can really affect your health.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/13/health/new-york-soda-ban/index.html?hpt=us_c2

496

fuglsang

September 13, 2012 @ 9:34 pm

Exactly, Taylor. Obesity has currency and it’s news when government tries to do something about it. I approve this message.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.