Starry Eyed Surprise

“We’re all damaged in our own way. Nobody’s perfect. I think we are all somewhat screwy, every single one of us.” -Johnny Depp

My Dream Job <3

Filed under: Uncategorized — Taylor at 3:50 pm on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A dream job to me is a job you can go to everyday and never get tired of it, I am not completely positive as to what that is to me at this point in my life. I have a few ideas as to what could possibly be my dream job so I guess I’ll pick one. One of my possibilities of a dream job is a free lance journalist. The reason I think that is because I love to travel and I love to write, a free lance journalist gets to combine those two things so for me it’s a win-win situation. Free lance journalists travel around the country and sometimes even the world writing stories about events or people in the places they travel to. This is my first choice for a dream job, but I of course have a few back ups.

I have never been a free lance journalist and I don’t know anyone personally who is one, so I’m not completely sure what I have to do to get where I need to be to land this dream job. That is what I am hoping Morningside helps with. I know I need to take Mass Communication classes and specifically ones dealing in journalism. I also know I can help myself out by working with the various journalistic groups we have on campus. There is a radio station and tv station that I could get involved with and I’m sure there is a newspaper I could write for. I know I could probably find an internship around here that would help me out. All of these things and more is what I need to do to get to where I want to be.

I agree with Alex that you should start networking as a freshman for things to put on your resumé. It will give you that much more experience and experience always looks good for a job. Also the more experience you have under your belt, the more comfortable you are going into a job. All in all it is good idea for your resumé and just for you own personal gain.

5 Comments

New Year 2013 Canon Camera Deals

November 28, 2012 @ 9:48 pm

When I originally commented I clicked the Notify me when new surveys are added checkbox and now when a comment is added I am four emails with the exact same comment. Is there any way you are able to get rid of me from that service Thanks!

Christmas Kindle Fire HD Deals 2012

December 11, 2012 @ 6:23 pm

I used to be recommended this blog by means of my cousin. Im not certain whether or not this post is written by means of him as nobody else recognize such certain about my difficulty. You are incredible! Thanks!

Christmas Google Nexus Coupons

December 12, 2012 @ 3:58 am

Im curious to find out what blog platform you have been utilizing Im having some small security problems with my latest site and Id like to find something more riskfree. Do you have any suggestions

Christmas Sony Camera 2012

December 16, 2012 @ 5:01 am

There are a couple of interesting points soon enough in this post but I dont know if I see these people center to heart. You can find some validity but Ill take hold opinion until I consider it further. Good post , thanks and we want much more! Combined with FeedBurner also

Quincy Bedsole

March 25, 2013 @ 10:47 pm

I teach middle school science and I’m looking for some new ideas and for people to back up some of the projects I already have in mind..

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.