Media Comparison

October 21st, 2020

My story is on the Briar Cliff University new baseball field. Where they are getting new turf and revamping their whole facility by the spring of 2021.

For the Video version of this is was about few minutes long. They introduce the coach and explain how it was not possible for this to happen without the support of the alumni. Their donations to the program help better the field and help create a better experience for the players to practice on. With the improvement to the field they will be able to host more home games for the program which is really helpful. But, the quality of the video Briar Cliff posted was not that good making it very hard to hear exactly what exactly each person speaking said.

The written out version on the other hand did give some information that I did not hear on the audio version. Example of this would be the Briar Cliff is the first Sioux City team with infield turf. Making them a local leader in the sport with having other improvement like a team club house which was built in 2016. Plus the press box which was built in 2018.

If you wanted to get more information about the source I would use the written sources because it just allows for the press to give out more information. The video version is sometimes hard to understand or is something to grab your attention. Making you go to the written sources to get more information about what is going on from the video. Making me understand that if I find the video of the news interesting I should look up the written version of it to get more details about what might be going on.

https://bcuchargers.com/news/2020/10/19/briar-cliff-university-announces-baseball-field-enhancements.aspx

https://siouxlandnews.com/sports/content/briar-cliff-breaks-ground-on-new-infield-turf-at-bishop-mueller-field

One Response to “Media Comparison”

1. fuglsang on October 25, 2020 1:18 pm

Comparing KCAU to Briar Cliff is interesting.They have very different uses/purposes for the story. KCAU and the Journal covered the story as a community issue. For BC it’s promotional.

Comments RSS