News Comment

In the article “America is facing an epistemic crisis” by David Roberts, the subtitle is about Mueller and his court case. However, he doesn’t get to that point until halfway through the article.

Instead, he starts by talking about protests at Mike Cernovich’s speech at Columbia University and “crazy conservative fairy tales”.

When Roberts does finally talk about the Mueller case, he talks about possibilities that might happen after evidence is found.

Then he gets into what the title of the article is about: an “epistemic breach”.

Roberts describes epistemiology and how it is affecting America right now, then continuing about how Mueller’s case is affecting this crisis. Then he continues with what might happen if nothing happens at all.

Overall, this article is very unprofessional, though he does exercise good possibilities of different outcomes. What confuses me, however, is that this article seems more like an opinion, but isn’t actually labeled opinion.

Read the original article here.

One Response

1.   

I agree with your analysis, Sondra, though I do like the story. The inability to tell truth from falsehood is a critical — and scary — issue at the moment. I also thought this seemed like opinion, without a label. If you look at the url, it’s listed as a politics and policy story.

fuglsang - November 9th, 2017 at 3:17 am