Madison Hartman plays on the volleyball team, here at Morningside College in Sioux City, IA. Hartman was born on August 13th, 1997 in Fremont, California to her parents, Brad and Julia Hartman and her sister, Savanna Hartman. Although she was born in Fremont, Madison was raised in Morgan Hill, California. Madison recently turned 22 and is beginning her senior year at Morningside. 

Although her hobbies include sewing and watching sports. Volleyball is her passion. Hartman began playing volleyball because she wanted to be better than her sister at something. Hartman said, “Savanna and I played the same sports while growing up and when she started volleyball her freshman year, I started too.” At this time Hartman was in seventh grade and she was determined to be better than her sister.

After going to college, Hartman’s coach convinced her to start playing sand volleyball with the idea that it would help her with her indoor game. Little did Hartman know, she would fall in love with sand volleyball but because of the limited sand volleyball programs at the collegiate level she would come to Morningside and play indoor. Hartman said she would have never been able to make the 1,755 mile journey to Sioux City without the help and support of her parents.

Hartman says that her two major influences are her parents. She says, “My parents have taught me right from wrong and encourage me to learn from their own mistakes.” Hartman says her parents have set an amazing example for her, driving her to become the amazing young woman that her friends and family have come to know today. She looks forward to moving home and being around her family more. 

Madison plans on moving home after college in order to save money, while working as a Marketing Assistant. Her short-term goals are to save up enough money to buy a new car and to move to San Diego.