A blog 'loya'l to it's readers

Scavenger Hunt

Today in class, we were tasked with finding people around campus to help us fulfill the requirements of the scavenger hunt.

The two requirements on my scavenger hunt were to ask someone for their favorite motivational quote and to find a creatively bent paper clip.

Evie Williams, an English major, told me her favorite quote was “Get busy livin’ or get busy dyin'”, which is a quote from the movie, Shawshank Redemption but is referred to many times in her favorite Hulu series, Last Man on Earth.

John Dolphin, a worker in the Registrars office supplied me with the creatively bent, paper clip. She formed it into a rope-looking shape. When asked what situation she would use a rope in, she replied, “I would use a rope if I ever needed to escape from anywhere, I bet it would come in handy.”

“Rope”

Overall, this experience was interesting. Finding reasons to approach a random person for a very random task was probably the most difficult aspect of the task. It was enjoyable and a good learning experience for future interviews.

1 Comment

1. fuglsang

It’s not so random of you know what you want and what questions to ask. Selection of subjects is random. Reporters do it all the time when they need comments from people attending events.