via https://www.npr.org/2019/11/07/777287610/judge-says-trump-must-pay-2-million-over-misuse-of-foundation-funds

After an investigation into the Trump Foundation a New York judge has ruled that the President must pay $2 million in damages. In January of 2016 during a televised event in Iowa Trump had said the funds raised would be distributed to charities. According to documents the Trump Foundation misguidedly used funds.

The organization is being dissolved. Now the money will go to a group of charities. The person who filed the case, New York Attorney General Letitia James had this to say ” The Trump Foundation has shut down, funds that were illegally misused are being restored, the president will be subject to ongoing supervision by my office, and the Trump children had to undergo compulsory training to ensure this type of illegal activity never takes place again.” When reacting to the verdict she added, “The Courts decision, together with the settlements we negotiated, are a major victory in our efforts to protect charitable assets and hold accountable those who would abuse charities for personal gain.”

The Foundation also agreed to deliver the remaining assets totaling $1.7 million to the charities receiving the $2 million ordered by the court. The President tweeted, ” I am the only person I know, perhaps the only person in history, who can give major money to charity ($19M), charge no expense, and be attacked by the political hacks in New York State. No wonder we are all leaving! Every penny of the $19 million raised by the Trump Foundation went to hundreds of great charitable causes with almost no expenses.” A statement from the Foundation said it was “pleased to donate” the $2 million to charitable organizations. Thanking the judge for not imposing a larger fine.

I do a majority of my news comments from Vox. I feel that NPR is more unbiased compared to other sources. Vox is more left leaning from what I have read. While most NPR articles cover both parties discussed in the article.