Located at Morningside College

Greta Thunberg Speech Story

“How dare you! You have stolen my dream and my childhood with your empty words. ” Greta Thunberg passionately said during an intense address to the United Nations Climate Action Summit. The 16-year-old Swedish climate activist has been a trailblazer in recent months fighting for our Earth’s future.

According to Greta the popular idea of cutting emissions by 50 percent in 10 years only yields a 50 percent chance of keeping the earth’s warming trend below a 1.5-degree Celsius threshold that could do irreparable damage to our planet.

The general theme of the speech was that unless we make swift decisions relating to Earth’s climate it will be too late. ” You are failing us. But the young people are starting to understand your betrayal. The eyes of all future generations are upon you. And if you choose to fail us, I say, We will never forgive you.

Using a quote as your lead requires awkward sentences. How about this instead:

Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg passionately took adults to task in an intense address to the United Nations Climate Action Summit yesterday.

“How dare you! You have stolen my dream and my childhood with your empty words, ” she said. The 16-year-old has been a trailblazer in recent months fighting for our Earth’s future.

Stick to last names. It maintains a necessary distance.

By the third graf you don’t need that “general theme.” Focus on quotes and what they mean for readers/listeners.