Located at Morningside College

Gun laws were loosened in Texas the day after the state’s​ second mass shooting in a month

Via https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/9/1/20843797/texas-shooting-gun-laws-loosened-odessa-el-paso-greg-abbott

This week I have decided to cover another Vox article. The author Anya Van Wagtendonk. The main point of this article is not just relating back to the recent shootings that happened in Odessa Texas, but talking about several new gun laws that were reccently passed.This article also includes a twitter post in the middle of the article which I find disorienting. Also, it includes various quotes from Texas Governor Greg Abbott.

I find it sadly ironic that Texas passed several gun laws recently that weakened gun control. According to the article there are nearly 1.4 million gun owners in the state. I feel that Vox is prehaps left leaning, it isn’t near as bad as Fox News or CNN.

I wish I had a cool name like Van Wagtendonk.

The tweet seems to be the writer’s method of summarizng the laws that have changed. Seems like a weird way, since she is citing CNN’s tweet.

What makes you think it is left leaning? Discuss the story as it relates to what we talk about in class. Consider the lead and organization. As far as objectivity: does the big photo help? The second graf suggests balance, but then just looking at the verbs, and hralness.ow the info is related, there is a whif of libe