Greta Thunberg:

Empty promises of climate change continue to fill the air, but younger generations are not standing for it.

Thunberg explains that young adults are starting to see the empty promises that are being fed to them. Thunberg said,” …the young people are starting to understand your betrayal. The eyes of all future generations are upon you. If you choose to fail us, I say: We will never forgive you.”

Scientists have been very clear on what the future holds for this earth. Thunberg explains, “To have a 67% chance of staying below 1.5 degree global temperature rise..” She continues, “The world had 420 gigatons of CO2 left to emit back in Jan. 1st 2018. Today that figure is already down to less than 350 gigatons.” Scientists have stressed for years the effects of global warming and what it is doing to the earth as well as the planets and animals.

Young adults are trying to stand up for what is right and make a change, but ultimately they don’t have the power too. They rely on politicians to make those big decisions that we fear wont happen. Thunberg says, “How dare you continue to look away and come here saying that you’re doing enough, when politics and solutions needed are still nowhere in sight.”

“My message is that we’ll be watching you.”

1 Comment

1. fuglsang

I like the lead. Unconventional but it works, as long as you give a full I.D. for 16-year-old climate activist Greta Thunberg in the second graf.

Attribution in the last graf. The two long grafs are actually four grafs.

OK on organization.