On September 29, 2016, Emma Watson stood front and center at One Young World in Ottawa, Canada.

Known from the beloved Harry Potter series, Watson is a young British actress, but has now embraced the role as a women’s rights activist. It began in 2012, when she became an ambassador for Camfed International, a movement to support girls’ education in rural Africa. She was appointed UN Women Goodwill Ambassador in 2014.

Since then, Watson has started her own campaign called HeforShe, a movement to break gender barriers and bring about equality. Delivering her speech at O.N.W.’s Summit in Ottawa, Watson spoke on the issues of gender equality and the ups and downs of fighting for what she believes in.

“We all have feminine and masculine energies within us. And both forces need to be lifted up, respected. We need to work together in order to make the world go round.”

One Young World (O.N.W.) is a British non-profit organization founded in 2010. The organizations goal is to empower young leaders from around the world to develop solutions to large worldly issues.

Speaking to 1300 delegates at the premier forum, Watson said, “”For the first time in my life I have found a sisterhood, a brotherhood, however you want to describe it, I have found my tribe.” With a clear passion for activism and leadership, Watson wants to change how gender is perceived.

From gender stereotypes to discrimination, Emma Watson looks to lead a generation of change. She was honored to give nine scholarships in her name.