Your daily dose of bull$#*&

News Comment 10/5

This week, I was looking on Fox news’ webpage for news stories. The top article this weekend was titled, “Vice President Mike Pence leaves Colts-49ers game after players reportedly kneel.” I looked at CNN’s webpage too, which also had the same top story.

The article was about Mike Pence, vice president of the United States, and how he left a football game when he saw players kneel during the anthem. The NFL has been in the spotlight the past year for players kneeling during the anthem, started by Colin Kaepernick, former quarterback for the 49ers. The article explains how Pence made a statement on twitter, saying, “I left today’s Colts game because ‪@POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem.” The article goes on to talk about Kaepernick saying if he had the chance to play again, he would stand during the anthem and donate his merchandise profits.

I thought this article and topic was very interesting. The controversy of protesting the anthem at football games has become the main topic in America. With everything going on in the world, I find it crazy that this is the main story on both CNN and Fox. Lately, Trump has received heat for his words on NFL players who have participated in kneeling. I believe that the concept of keeling has changed, as it has become a problem of disrespecting the flag and those who defend it. I think people have the right to protest, but with that, everyone else has the right to judge their choices and actions.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/08/vice-president-mike-pence-leaves-colts-49ers-game-after-players-reportedly-kneel.html

Posted a bit late, Mason, but appreciated. Since Sunday, Pence’s actions have been labelled a publicity stunt by a number of people. He was doing it on Trump’s direction, so it only keeps the attention on the NFL rather than on something more important.

© 2024 The Mind of Mason

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑