Morgan's Memoir

“US Claims 3 More Gold Medals at World Track Championships” Comment

October 7, 2019 · No Comments

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2019-10-06/u-s-claims-three-more-gold-medals-at-world-track-championships

Being a runner, I keep up with track news. This past week, the World Track Championships took place in DOHA, Qatar. The article began with saying of course where the championships took place, and automatically moved to the accomplishments of the US teams. Overall, the total gold medals awarded were 14, the best performance in almost a decade. The article particularly looked at the women’s 4×400 meter relay. It gave recognition to the member involved in the race, “Allyson Felix won a record 13th world championship gold as part of the relay team, though she only ran in the heats. The U.S. used Dalilah Muhammad and Sydney McLaughlin, the gold and silver medalists in the 400-meter hurdles, on the relay team.” It then went on to say racers from other countries that outperformed in other events.

This article was not only informative with the most recent news of the last day of competitions, but gave detail of the members of relays and their exceptional performances. What I did not like about the article was not giving information from all days of competition. I feel that winners from other countries could have been replaced with US performances because the title was stating that more medals were being added. I want to know what gold medals the US teams already had and more information of the event and title holders.

Categories: Uncategorized

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below..