My Not so Quiet Opinions on the News

Leonardo DiCaprio on Climate Change

Climate change is a problem that is affecting the world, and Leonardo DiCaprio is stepping up to talk about it. Not only is DiCaprio a famous actor, he is a United Nations Messenger of Peace. He talked about how he has traveled the world, and seen different things that  are concerning. After talking about all these events that are historically bad, he said, “All that I have seen and learned on this journey has terrified me.”

He continued by saying that it’s clear that all of this is happening because of human activity, and that the changes will only get worse in the future. He said that climate change was like a runaway freight train, and that it was bringing disaster that would effect all living things.

His next concern was how future generations would see us. How they might look at us, knowing that we had the means to slow down or stop climate change, but didn’t. “We all know that reversing the course of climate change will not be easy, but the tools are in our hands — if we apply them before it’s too late,” DiCaprio said. He continued that while we are starting to take steps in the right direction, we aren’t doing enough quickly enough.

He then asked the UN Delegates which side of history they wanted to be on. It was time to take a stand. Time to stop doing what’s been happening in the climate change talk for the last few decades, and start taking action. He said that the planet is currently in our care, and that we are it’s last best hope.

Famous actor and United Nations Messenger of Peace, Leonardo DiCaprio talks to the UN about Climate change, and how he has seen it affect the world in his travels. He said, “All that I have seen and learned on this journey has terrified me.”

1 Comment

1. fuglsang

What you have at the top is a pretty good BC lead, Marcus. You could easiy work with that and make a less “conversational” print lead.

The organization is OK (more paragraphs), but you tend to follow the chronology of the speech. I think the line, “which side of history they wanted to be on?” could have easily been higher.