Mega City Mall

*Breaking Story*

There was an explosion at Mega City Mall at 9:50 am this morning.  The explosion happened on the Southeast section of the mall near Gun Land. The mall is temporarily closed to all until the building can be assessed.It has been reported that two are dead and less than 100 are injured.

Seargent Fuglsang says “We are still in preliminary investigations, and we have no clear indication of who or why this explosion happened. Or if it was indeed caused by someone purposely.” Homeland Security has been informed and the Mega City Police Department has established a special team of investigators that will work alongside federal law enforcement agencies.

Paul Blart, Mega City Mall Security officer, said there is footage and saw suspicious behavior. “I believe it was done by someone but I’m not sure who,” says Blart. The Mega City Police Department has yet to watch the security footage.

Maria Rodriguez, the assistant manager at Gun Land, says she was on break “as I was leaving I heard a really loud noise, there was a little dust and my leg was gone and there was a lot of people screaming around me.” Rodriguez said the explosion happened beside the store and she plans on suing the mall.

Alex Smith, the mall Santa, said he was taking pictures with children when the explosion occurred. “Parents and kids started running and then I did too. I was like ‘Everyone run!'” says Smith.

Reports have been received from both St. Mercy and Jean-Luc hospitals of injuries consistent with fire and smoke inhalation, in addition to other serious and non-life threatening injuries.

Nicely done, Lauren. Well organized.

You should strive for active verbs, though. “There was an explosion” is kind of blahghgh.