Recent update

Subscribe to RSS feed

Cartoons and Extremists

September 8th, 2009 by klg008

Today I was reading a story on foxnews.com how Yale University decided not to run cartoons depicting the prophet Muhammad in the book “The Cartoons that Shook the World.” They made the decision because they feared it would cause  “another outbreak of violence.” There are a few alumni of Yale that disagree with the decison of the University.”I think it’s horrifying that the campus of Nathan Hale has become the first place where America surrenders to this kind of fear because of what extremists might possibly do,” said Michael Steinberg, an attorney and Yale graduate. Twenty-five alumni signed a petition on Friday to restore the cartoons.

I agree that they should put the cartoons back in the book. The title of the book is perfect for what these particular cartoons did, they shook the world. I also think that Yale should not be afraid of what “could happen.” The day we start fearing what to put in the press is the day we lose our freedom of speech.

Posted in | | | 19 Comments

19 Responses to ' Cartoons and Extremists '

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to ' Cartoons and Extremists '.

1.   Ross said,

on September 10th, 2009 at 9:55 am

Good comments, Kacie. There’s an old saying: Better to die on your feet than live on your knees. That seems appropriate for this situation.

For some reason the template you’ve chosen reminds me of The X-Files. Am I imagining things?

2.   furtdsolinopv said,

on December 10th, 2015 at 6:55 am

Valuable info. Lucky me I found your web site by accident, and I’m shocked why this accident didn’t happened earlier! I bookmarked it.

3.   Login said,

on December 13th, 2015 at 5:41 pm

I truly enjoy examining on this site, it has fantastic posts. “Beware lest in your anxiety to avoid war you obtain a master.” by Demosthenes.

4.   creditcardb.com said,

on December 20th, 2015 at 11:29 am

You are my intake, I own few web logs and occasionally run out from to post .

5.   pizza sibiu said,

on December 22nd, 2015 at 7:15 am

I am incessantly thought about this, thankyou for putting up.

6. on January 25th, 2016 at 1:09 am

Some truly interesting information, well written and broadly user pleasant.

7. on January 25th, 2016 at 1:11 am

Together with every little thing that appears to be developing inside this specific subject matter, your perspectives tend to be quite radical. On the other hand, I am sorry, but I do not give credence to your whole strategy, all be it exciting none the less. It seems to us that your remarks are not totally validated and in fact you are generally your self not really fully convinced of your point. In any event I did enjoy examining it.

8.   massage tantrique said,

on January 25th, 2016 at 1:37 am

I have been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this website. Thank you, I’ll try and check back more frequently. How frequently you update your site?

9. on February 4th, 2016 at 5:00 am

My spouse and i got quite fortunate Edward managed to carry out his basic research with the ideas he grabbed while using the web page. It’s not at all simplistic just to happen to be handing out strategies which often most people might have been making money from. And we know we have the website owner to give thanks to for this. The explanations you have made, the easy site menu, the friendships your site make it possible to create – it’s all great, and it’s leading our son and the family reason why this issue is enjoyable, which is certainly quite serious. Thank you for everything!

10.   DOMKINADMORZEM.NET said,

on February 4th, 2016 at 5:17 am

Thank you for some other fantastic article. The place else may anyone get that type of information in such an ideal manner of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I am at the look for such information.

11. on February 4th, 2016 at 5:50 am

As I website possessor I believe the content matter here is rattling excellent , appreciate it for your hard work. You should keep it up forever! Good Luck.

12. on February 8th, 2016 at 10:34 am

I?¦ve read a few just right stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot attempt you place to make any such magnificent informative web site.

13.   follow url said,

on February 9th, 2016 at 11:23 am

of course like your web site but you need to check the spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very troublesome to tell the truth nevertheless I’ll definitely come back again.

14.   gta 5 download said,

on February 9th, 2016 at 12:44 pm

I definitely wanted to write a simple remark in order to express gratitude to you for those marvelous guides you are placing here. My incredibly long internet look up has at the end of the day been honored with reliable facts and strategies to write about with my colleagues. I would state that that most of us website visitors actually are truly fortunate to exist in a remarkable place with so many awesome people with useful things. I feel extremely blessed to have discovered the site and look forward to tons of more cool times reading here. Thank you once more for a lot of things.

15. on February 19th, 2016 at 2:02 pm

You have brought up a very good points, thanks for the post.

16. on August 10th, 2018 at 10:52 am

office lady

17. on August 10th, 2018 at 11:10 am

shiori yamate

18. on August 10th, 2018 at 9:25 pm

metart violet admirable jeans xxxmate

19. on August 12th, 2018 at 11:36 pm

Jade Jantzen insane hardcore sex with the grabage man! Slim hottie ends up sucking dick and fucking like a whore with a garbage man who’s pleasing her with his over sized cock and with the promise of a fabulous orgasm!