Majors and Experience

My major is Elementry Education right now. The reason I picked this major is because I love little kids and helping them. Also, I want to be able to help kids love learning at an early age. When I was little I hated school because I thought that I couldn’t learn and that I was stupid. My brother was in all honors and I wasn’t even close. I found out that I had ADD when I was a sophomore in high school. Once I knew what I had, i felt a little bit better, however, I felt like I had something wrong with me. I realized that there was nothing wrong with me and I can learn, it is just a matter of how I learn. Once that happned, I loved going to school because I could learn and listen better and also pay attention better. It also gave me more free time because I could do my hw faster and have it not take me 3 hours. It was nice. The bad part is that I was told that I was unable to go to college because I was not smart enough and people at school made fun of me. An adult that was the boss of the tutoring place I went to, to catch up, is the one who told me I wasn’t smart enough to go to college. I proved him sooo wrong and he knows it. He did finally apologize for saying that because I told him that it hurt. He said I did not mean anything by it and I was like well to me it means something because I have a disability and it is not funny so you should not have said it if you did not mean anything by it. Anyways, that is why I want to become a teacher so I can help kids that have those disabilities and do not know it, I can help recognize it, and to help kids love to learn at an early age because it can be fun! I have learned in college that time management is good to know. Also stay on top of things and talk to your teachers if you need help. Some teachers, most teachers, will help you. There will be a few who are just not really “fit” to be a teacher, but you learn how to deal with it. Mainly, study/work hard and have fun! There hasn’t been really any differnece in the classroom experience for me. The only differnece is that I am not singled out anymore and I am not getting made fun of. I love that. I mean I actually have fun in most of my classes. Well, actually in all my classes just sometimes I don’t. But most of the time it is fun. I love it! 🙂