Josh Meredith's Blog

Scavenger Hunt: State Quarter

Posted in Uncategorized by Joshua on the September 29, 2011

I walked into the Morningside College Bookstore seeing no one in sight. From behind me, a meek voice asked, “Can I help you find something?” I turned around to see a fairly short, black haired girl wearing a green shirt and black sweat pants walk my way. With little hesitation knowing I have to get this done one way or another I asked, “Do you have a state quarter that I can trade you?”

“Ya, just a second.” was her only response as she turned around and headed towards an office. She asked a man in the office my question which he didn’t understand at first so I had to repeat it.

“Oh! a state quarter,” responded the grey haired, short man in a ah-ha sort of way. He continued to say, “I have been asked many questions but never this one.” He proceeded to the cash register and examined a quarter for a long time. He finally came to the conclusion that is was a state quarter and he looked up to say, “How bout Arizona?”

“That will work!” was my response. “Thank you.”

The trade was done with little effort and so in order to complete this assignment, I asked the two workers for their name. The girls name was Jasmine and the man happened to be a Duane.

One Response to 'Scavenger Hunt: State Quarter'

Subscribe to comments with RSS

1.   fuglsang said,

on October 9th, 2011 at 9:00 pm

You make it sound like such an odious task: “I have to get this done one way or another.” Duane would be the bookstore manager.

(I’m confused by the first sentence. Did you walk in because you didn’t see any one?)