Emma Watson Story

November 9, 2017

Last night, at the UK-based charity One Young World, actor and activist Emma Watson emphasized that gender equality is more important than any other goals, because it intertwines with all goals of  the charity.

One Young World gathers  young leaders from around the world and aids them in making lasting connections to create positive change.

Watson encouraged the participants of the One Young World forum with seven statements that has helped her on her journey.

“I am willing to be seen. I am willing to speak up. I am willing to keep going. I am willing to listen to what others have to say. I am willing to go forward even when I feel alone. I am willing to go to bed each night, at peace with myself. I am willing to be my biggest, best-est, most powerful self.”

When Watson publicly began her activist journey she didn’t see herself as an activist but simply wanted to be an example of proactivity.

“It had never been about being an activist; it was about the choice to make myself visible and the choices that you made to do that too.”

Watson called the participants of the forum her tribe and encouraged them to work together.

“For the first time in my life, I found my sisterhood; a brotherhood—whatever, however you want to describe it—I found my tribe.”

“One Young World isn’t about saying what I, each of us individually, can do, but what we can do, working together, supporting and listening to each other.”