News Comment (9.29)

Weeks after announcing all direct NBA players would have to vaccinated Tim Bontemps announces, “Players who are forced to miss games due to the executive orders governing vaccination requirements in both New York and San Francisco will not be paid for any games they miss.”

Mike Bass the NBA executive VP of communications added, “Any player who elects not to comply with local vaccination mandates will not be paid for games that he misses.”

The article would go on to talk about specific players like Kyrie Irving. It wrapped up saying, “The NBA and the National Basketball Players Association are finalizing an agreement over the health and safety protocols for this season, as ESPN reported Tuesday night when the league sent the protocols to teams.”

This article left me with the question of what about player in cities without vaccination requirements, that test positive? Would they still get paid? I think it was failure of the writer to not address that question, even a speculation without fact would have given the reader more clues into what might happen in that situation. Other than that it was a great article that address the needs of the reader.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32305199/nba-no-pay-unvaccinated-players-play

1 thought on “News Comment (9.29)

The way I read it, teams visiting those cities would have to abide by the same rules. If you’re a Laker or a Bull, you wouldn’t be able to play unless vaccinated. Seems like players from other teams who test positive would abide by whatever their team rules are?

I’m not sure about “great.” Mostly OK.