Interview with Dylan Hamil about Covid-19

A student from Morningside University did not have a lot to say about covid (from the point of view of a student).

Dylan Hamil is a transfer student athlete here at Morningside University and when I talked to him about his covid experiences, he had more talk about in terms of his bowling and volleyball teams then he did about being a student.

Dylan Hamil did have fears about school however when he said “My biggest fear about covid is missing out the hands on learning, and in person learning.” This is a fear that I share with Dylan and in our opinion a lot of students have as well.

Hamil’s focus in terms of restrictions, limitations, opportunities, and disappoints had to deal with sports. In summarization of the answers Hamil gave me, he felt like the crowd would restrict his performance, as would the limitations on the practices that could be held. Mr. Hamil felt as if his opportunities to perform his sports are a lot grander now that covid is seemingly over, as he was disappointed in the cancelation of seasons in the past.

In the end, Hamil held a positive outlook on this next year at Morningside.

“I missed out on a few of the typical freshman experiences at my previous school, but I am now able to meet a lot of people through the volleyball and bowling teams. It is a great time.”

One thought on “Interview with Dylan Hamil about Covid-19

Remove yourself, Jacob:

Dylan Hamil, transfer student, would rather talk about anything but COVID.

Ask him about his first year at Morningside University and he’ll go off on his bowling and volleyball teams rather than being a student.

Then get to the quotes and his thoughts. They’re the story.