Gersson Rosas out as Timberwolves’ president of basketball operations (NEWS Comment 9.23)

In a move that shocked a lot of people, Gersson Rosas was fire on Wednesday, this coming months after new owners took over the Minnesota Timberwolves.

The article start with the explaining of the firing, and who reported it first. Then comes the meat of article wear NBA beat writer Ramona Shelbourne writes, “Sources close to the situation told Shelburne that incoming owners Marc Lore and Alex Rodriguez had been evaluating Rosas’ performance this summer and had planned to relieve him of his duties at some point. According to sources, that process sped up the more they learned about the deterioration of his relationship with Gupta and after evidence was brought to them about a consensual romantic relationship between Rosas and another team employee.”

This raised the question to me of why it was so shocking if the Timberwolves had been playing it for a while now, also why the Wolves do it now. However, the article never answered that question.

The article just goes on to talk about how Rosas’s teams were performing and the stats behind before rapping up the article saying who the new president is, and his previous experience, “Sachin Gupta was hired by Rosas after stints in the front office with the Pistons, the 76rs and the Rockets. With degrees from MIT and Stanford, Gupta is an analytics ace who began his career at ESPN, where he developed the popular website feature known as the “NBA Trade Machine” that calculates the salary-cap ramifications of any potential deal that a fan wants to plug in.”

Yes I think this massive news to sports fan because a lot of us weren’t expecting, I also think the writer did a good job of explaining the situation but failed to answer some of my questions that I think a lot of fans would have.

tweet from a player showing that it was shocking

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32258607/gersson-rosas-minnesota-timberwolves-president-basketball-operations

1 thought on “Gersson Rosas out as Timberwolves’ president of basketball operations (NEWS Comment 9.23)

I’m not sure where you get “shocking” other than maybe Towns’ tweet. Seems the relationship had been crap for some time.
    What questions did you have? (not that I would know.)