Trattoria Fresca

Today we got the opportunity to get a taste of some original Sioux City Italian. Trattoria Fresca is located downtown and this would be the first time that I have dined here. This was a nice casual dining spot that we tried for lunch. First looking at it, I could tell it was more of a dinner scene, but a quick lunch would work for us. My first impression was that the waiting staff was very quick to are every need. It was a nice set-up with the plates, napkins, and utensils. I was excited to try something authentic from the Italian side. The menu was reasonably priced for an Italian restaurant. I thought the menu had a lot of choices for someone looking to try something new.

Menu

Menu

After looking the menu over, I decided to get the chicken parmigiana. We decided as a table to get some appetizers early with are meal. They brought some bread out as well, so we had plenty of food to go around. We ordered some bruchetta bread early and that did not disappoint. The bread was delicious and had a lot of flavor. When my meal arrived I was already full from the appetizers. It was a large chicken breast with a side of noodles with sauce. The chicken was covered in marinara sauce and layered with cheese. It had excellent flavor and a great sauce to go along with it. Below is a picture of what it looked like.

Chicken and Pasta

Chicken and Pasta

Overall I thought this was a great restaurant to go for dinner. It had a nice casual Italian feel to it and I would recommend this to anyone looking for some authentic Italian. Every other dish I saw coming out looked fresh and appetizing as well. The waiting staff was great and helpful and the food was brought to us quickly. If you are an Italian fan, I would highly recommend trying this local restaurant.