Red Bones

Today we got the pleasure of visiting a new little restaurant up north called Red Bones. Red Bones offered a variety of soul food type items on the menu. When we first arrived at the restaurant, I was a little concerned about how the outside looked. It looked run down from the outside. Once I stepped inside, it was clearly a good looking restaurant. It was kept clean and nice. We were greeted immediately as we entered so we felt welcome. We sat down at a clean table and the atmosphere was wonderful. The waitress was very helpful in giving us recommendations on what is good to order. I decided to order the southern chicken sandwich with a side of fries. Below is the picture of what my dish looked like.

Southern Chicken Sandwich

Southern Chicken Sandwich

I thought the food came out rather quickly for the amount of people we had with us. My chicken sandwich came on a toasted bun with pickles on the side. The seasoned fries had just the right amount of seasoning on them to make them taste real good. The food was warm and fresh. The fries tasted delicious and were the highlight of my experience. Easily the best fries that I have had the chance to try lately. The chicken sandwich was good and had a great taste along with it. The only thing I noticed was that the chicken breast did not have that much meat on it compared to other chicken sandwiches I have had. I’m not sure if I just got a bad piece or if they are all like that. If I were to go back, I would probably try the catfish next time. That is the other item they boasted about on their menu. All the other food I saw throughout the restaurant looked delicious as well.

Overall I would defiantly recommend Red Bones to anyone. Anyone looking for great tasting food should defiantly give it a try. The employees and atmosphere impressed me a lot. If I were to go back, I would try the catfish. I have nothing against the chicken sandwich but I would be interested in trying something different the next time I return.