Thunberg Commands the Stage at UN Climate Summit

This week, at the Climate Action Summit of 2019, climate activist, Greta Thunberg spoke out to UN leaders about the failing attempts to save the planet from irreversible damage due to rising global temperatures.

When asked if she had anything to say to the leaders in attendance to the summit, Thunberg spoke out with passion and commanded the stage with her inspiring words,

“You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words…People are dying.  Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you!”

Thunberg went on to talk about the failing attempts and promises to cut emissions in half in the next 10 years, and how that number still will not be enough.

Thunberg continued to command the stage, giving statistics, and making statements about how it is not fair that her generation and the ones to come are responsible for cleaning up the mess of the generations before them.

“You are failing us. But the young people are starting to understand your betrayal. The eyes of all future generations are upon you. And if you choose to fail us, I say: We will never forgive you.” Thunberg stated.

One thought on “Thunberg Commands the Stage at UN Climate Summit

1. “This week, at the Climate Action Summit of 2019, climate activist, Greta Thunberg spoke out to UN leaders about the failing attempts to save the planet from irreversible damage due to rising global temperatures.”

I would suggest one change for the lead: “… about the failing” could be more precise in a couple of ways.

… about their failed attempts…
    … about the world’s failed attempts
    … criticized/challenged UN leaders about their failed attempts…

Organization is good. I like the “command the stage” idea. I woud change it to “command attention” the second time.