Sep 28 2017

Profile Image of Elliott

Observation Exercise

Posted at 9:21 am under Uncategorized

As I sat in the computer lab Tuesday night the room was filled with the sound of instruments and the sound of typing keyboards.

As peaceful as music can be, the sounds of different compositions  didn’t bring a peaceful sound to me ears. It would have been nice to just put headphones in but I needed to experience the outside world I was in.

The sound of typing and clicking was coming from the two students that were working on projects in the lab. There was little conversation as we were all trying to get our projects done in time for our deadlines.

As I was about to shut down the lab for the night Slater cut me off and said that he had some more things to work on and that he could take care of everything.

“I have spent many long nights in this lab,” Slater said, “so I know how all of this works.”

So I left him to lonely sound of his clicking mouse.

One response so far

One Response to “Observation Exercise”

1. fuglsangon 02 Oct 2017 at 9:19 pm 1

You’re missing out, Elliott. Have you ever sat in a laundry room and started to tap your foot to the rhythm of the washing machine? Or been in a waiting room and rocked to the beat of the ceiling fan? There is always a repeating motif. You just have to find it. If you listen hard enough it will hypnotize you.