News Comment: “Amazon’s Latest Way Into Your Life Is Through the Front Door”

NY Times Article:  “Amazon’s Latest Way Into Your Life Is Through the Front Door”

This article deals with Amazon’s new service. Delivering stuff into your house even when you are not home! yes this would involve a special kit that brings an electronic lock and a camera. With this Amazon drivers can come into the house and leave the packages in order to avoid leaving then in front of the door (with the possibility of being stolen, which according to the article is a big issue). The article also talks about how amazon and experts believe the only problem they find with this is pets. In the possibility of  a big dog attacking the driver or a per escaping.

I find this article very interesting. Every day technology just starts becoming more of a new part of humans. I’m sure that in a couple years kids will be born with a smartphone and a snapchat account (just a joke… or is it?). This brings a very sensible issue that the article avoids to tackle. A STRANGER IS GOING INTO YOUR HOUSE! that’s the inner conservative dad in the back of my head screaming. It really is a matter of how much can you trust amazon promises to be completely responsible to anything that is stolen from your house. I’m guessing the drivers for this will have to go through really in depth background search to even get a job there. I believe is possible; in a world where is ok to getting into a stranger’s car because an app says it’s fine I don’t see people getting into your house very crazy.

The real problem here is very simple. How secure is this electronic lock? If hackers can steal anyone’s information in a matter of seconds; what says that they wont just hack their way into you house. for me that would be the real issue here. Of course, I’m pretty sure amazon would be keen in making the system as secure as possible. but, these days there is never enough security with this type of issues.