Just another weblog

Scavenger Hunt

On my hunt for someone to interview, I went to the dimmitt dorms where I live and started knocking on people’s doors in my hall to find someone that I’ve never talked to. This was a weird but interesting experience as when I finally got someone to answer the door they were very ecstatic to be getting interviewed.

My new friend that I interviewed is named Owen Anderson. We had a great conversation talking about his love for watching women’s volleyball as he thinks “Girls have better defense than guys and that the girls game is easier to follow than the guys” which gave me a very detailed picture as of why he watches the girl’s game more than the guys.

Anderson also mentioned how in volleyball “Girls have better shot selections than guys” hinting at the fact that guys are just big powerful hitters that just swing to swing.

In some cases that can be fun to watch, but at some point it gets too hard to follow like Anderson mentioned earlier.

When it was time to go, I asked Owen one last thing.

I asked if it was okay if I could get a picture of him before returning to my class so I could have a face to match our interaction together. Like before, he was ecstatic to have someone taking his picture as long as they asked beforehand.

Overall, our conversation went shockingly well as the only awkward part of it all was the initial interaction.

1 Comment

1. fuglsang

Shockingly well? Maybe you’re just a natural talker, Dylan. Who started the discussion of volleyball? Well done.

© 2024 Dylan Hamil's Blog

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑