Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Tim Orwig Presentation

October 11, 2011 by  
Filed under Uncategorized

I did not realize that Morningside has been such a strong influence in racial and gender equality throughout its history.  In the very early 1900’s, Morningside had a women’s basketball team when there were very few in the country.  That team was banished shortly after it was created because they were featured in the Chicago paper in their basketball bloomers.  Also, Morningside has been a strong example for racial equality over its history.  All through the 1900’s, Morningside pushed for the success of different races even though our country hasn’t.  I never knew this because you don’t see much about equality now.  I think it is because times have changed.  There are still equality issues here today, but the issues are far from what they used to be.  In the pictures that Tim showed, you could see that a large percentage of the students at Morningside used to be African-American.  Today’s percentage is far from what it used to be from what it looks like.  I don’t think that means anything; I just didn’t know Morningside was such a strong influence for equality.

One Response to “Tim Orwig Presentation”
  1. Boa noite turma, provavelmente disparar um torpedo web gratuito está cada vez mais difícil devido a restrição das operadoras de telefone. Há ainda serviços de terceiros (sites) que prometem entregar meu SMS mas quase nunca chegam ao usuário final. Alguns como o Mundo oi e o Oi Torpedo funcionam mas e para as outras operadoras E os que prometem que enviam e nada chega. Para onde está indo as meus SMS E para a Tim, Vivo Alguma Idéia Ou significa ter de desembolsar. É só um desabafo, realmente está difícil achar bons sites para enviar SMS de graça.