Girl Meets World – 12

Filed under: Weekly News Comments — Caitlin at 6:41 am on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel, stars of the 90s show “Boy Meets World”, will once again be playing the roles of Cory and Topanga in the new sequel show “Girl Meets World”.  The show will focus on their 13 year old daughter, Riley, who has not been casted yet.  Cory will play the role of Riley’s seventh grade teacher in the show.  It is rumored that there will be some old characters and some new ones, but that people should keep in mind that this is a completely new show.

This is newsworthy because “Boy Meets World” was a very popular show in the 90s.  I think this is a smart movie for the Disney Channel because this show is going to target a big market.  Being on the Disney Channel, even if younger kids have never heard of “Boy Meets World”, they will be intrigued by a new show to watch.  It will also target people my age who grew up in the 90s watching “Boy Meets World” and will be interested to see the old characters in a new show.

Link HERE.

1 Comment

25

fuglsang

December 4, 2012 @ 8:36 pm

News for BMW fans (I’ve never seen it) who will suffer nostalgia pangs and force their children to watch it. Also interesting in an age when female leads still struggle for attention on TV.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.