Twinkie Hoarding Begins! – 11

Filed under: Weekly News Comments — Caitlin at 2:14 am on Saturday, November 17, 2012

This short story talks about how Hostess is being forced to shut down after a strike by their employees.  All products that they make are available while supplies last.  This includes twinkies.  There has been a sharp increase in the purchase of all Hostess products and that is expected to keep increasing as more people find out about the situation.  This is a newsworthy story because it certainly affects a lot of people.  The consumers of the product need to be aware and know why the product is no longer being made.  It will also cause a lot of people to be out of a job.  The title of this story caught my eye and actually made me laugh.  I just thought it was funny because it reminded me of the movie Zombieland and how one of the actors is on a hunt through the whole movie to find the last twinkies on earth.  Now it is actually happening.

Link here.

23

fuglsang

November 24, 2012 @ 5:00 pm

This was a little late to count for the previous week, Caitlyn. But this and the Black Friday story give you a 10 for extra credit. Everything helps, I guess.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.