Title: Barry’s Bar and Grill to reopen under new ownership

Lead: After sitting dormant for over a year, a Lincoln staple has new ownership and a potential re-opening timeline.

This story caught my eye because of the title. Since I am from around Lincoln, I know that Barry’s Bar has been closed for awhile and always wondered if it was ever going to open back up.

I think this story has a very strong lead, making readers want to read more.

Where I think it is lacking, is the body text. All they said about it closing was that it closed over a year ago when the pandemic hit. Did it close because of the pandemic? Why did it sit dormant for so long when other restaurants and bars in Lincoln have been operating? These were some questions that would have been nice to have been answered in the story.

I like how this article touched on the new owner and a little backround information about him.

https://www.1011now.com/2021/08/11/barrys-bar-grill-reopen-under-new-ownership/

Join the Conversation

1. I didn’t watch the video, but I’m going to guess it’s a broadcast story, which means it’s just the basics. TV is a headline service. It also focuses on what is NOW. They know that listeners who want more info can and will go to other sources.